Pressure cooker Beans & Rice With Avocado Chimichurri
When you need a weeknight meal you can make with ingredients from the pantry, try this simple rice and beans recipe that’s packed with flavor for only $4 per serving!
- Beans & Rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz./398 mL) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup (125 mL) mild or medium salsa
- 2 cans (15 oz./398 mL each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups (375 mL) long-grain white rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable broth
- Avocado Chimichurri
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed parsley leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) red pepper flakes
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- Optional: Plantain chips
Set the Deluxe Multi Cooker to SEAR on high. Heat the oil in the inner pot for 1–3 minutes. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Press CANCEL .
- Add the remaining beans and rice ingredients to the inner pot and select WHITE RICE.
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL and let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Press STEAM-RELEASE.
Meanwhile, prepare the avocado chimichurri. Use the Flex+ Food Processor fitted with the multiuse blade to coarsely chop the parsley, cilantro, and garlic. Add the olive oil, lime juice, salt, and red pepper flakes; process until combined. Fold in the diced avocado.
- Top the beans and rice with the avocado chimichurri and crushed plantain chips, if you’d like.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 560, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 1,140 mg, Carbohydrate 78 g, Fiber 14 g, Sugars 6 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 14 g
Make extra avocado chimichurri to use on eggs, toast, chicken, or steak.
Use any leftovers for a quick and easy filling for burritos! Just reheat the beans and rice, then fill a tortilla and add your favorite toppings.