Air Fryer Mac & Cheese Bites
Craving the ultimate comfort food? This recipe combines some of our favorite things—mac & cheese, more cheese, and air frying—for an amazing snack or meal.
- oil for greasing
- 1 pkg (7.25 oz./206g) macaroni and cheese (plus ingredients to prepare)
- 4 oz. (125 g) mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) cracker crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Lightly grease the Silicone Egg Bites Mold with oil; set aside.
- Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to the package directions.
- Scoop the macaroni and cheese into the wells of the mold. Place a cube of cheese in the centers and top with additional macaroni and cheese, then firmly press down. Cover the mold with the lid and freeze for 1–2 hours, or until set.
- Remove the macaroni and cheese bites from the mold. Roll the bites in the beaten egg, then in the cracker crumbs.
- Spray the tray of the Deluxe Air Fryer with oil and place the bites onto the tray. Place the tray on the top rack.
- Cook on AIR FRY for 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 7 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 440 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 2 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 9 g
You can use leftover mac and cheese to make these bites! Just warm it up and start at step 3.
Want to prep some bites ahead? After step 4, store the bites in an airtight container or bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to make them, pick up at step 5—you don’t need to thaw them first!