Lemon-Garlic Turkey Meatballs
These fresh and flavorful meatballs are inspired by Mediterranean cuisine and are amazing inside a pita, alongside rice, or just eaten as is!
- 1 lb. (450 g) ground turkey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Lemon Garlic Rub
- 3 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- Vegetable Salad
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped cucumber, about ½ a cucumber
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Lemon Garlic Rub
- 1½ cups (375 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) agave or honey
- Rice and pita wedges, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the meatball ingredients in the bowl of the Deluxe Stand Mixer fitted with the scraper beater and MIX for 50 seconds.
- Shape into balls using a Medium Scoop (you’ll get about 27-28). Place the meatballs on a sheet pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Meanwhile, combine the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Let rest until ready to serve (For best flavor, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour).
- To serve, place the meatballs on a plate and spoon over the salad with the yogurt sauce. Serve alongside rice and warmed pita, if you’d like.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 530, Total Fat 26 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 225 mg, Sodium 1010 mg, Carbohydrate 34, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 12 g (includes 4g added sugar), Protein 41 g
For extra smooth meatballs, use a food processor to get the onions very fine. They will flavor your meatballs without being too chunky.
You can use beef, pork, lamb or just about any ground meat instead of turkey. Or try a blend!
These meatballs are great to stock up your freezer. Make them as the recipe says, then freeze them in a plastic bag in a single layer to add to pasta sauce, make meatball subs or anything else!