Garden Veggie Tortellini Salad
This easy-to-make veggie pasta salad will be a hit at summer picnics and parties.
- 1 pkg (12 oz/350 g each) dried cheese-filled tortellini
- ½ cup (125mL) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) GARDEN VEGETABLE DIP MIX
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- ½ seedless cucumber, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pkg (6 oz/175 g) crumbled feta cheese
- Optional: sliced black olives
Cook the tortellini according to the package directions.
Place 2 bell pepper quarters on top of one another and place them into the chute of the RAPID-PREP MANDOLINE with the tapered part facing the blade; slice on the No. 3 thickness. Fry cut the cucumber on No. 5 thickness.
Add the peppers, cucumber, and tomatoes to the bowl with the dressing, and toss to coat.
When the pasta is finished cooking, drain it in a colander under cold water; gently toss to cool the pasta. Shake the excess water from the pasta.
Add the cooled pasta to the bowl along with the cheese and olives, if using. Gently toss to coat and combine.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- 8-10 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 440 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 4 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 8 g
Slicing the bell pepper thinly mellows the flavor, so it doesn’t outshine the other ingredients.