No-Bake Peach Tart
Keep your kitchen cool with this no-bake peach tart that’s quick to make and easy to enjoy!
- 2 cups (500 mL) shortbread cookie crumbs (about 10 oz./300 g of cookies)
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) butter, melted
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh peaches (about 1 large or 2 small peaches), pitted and sliced
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) apricot preserves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) caramel topping
- 1½ cups (375 mL) whipped topping
- For the crust, mix the cookie crumbs and butter until well combined. Press the mixture evenly along the bottom and sides of the Tart Pan. Chill the crust in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before making the topping and filling.
- For the topping, combine the peach slices, apricot preserves, and cornstarch in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the peach mixture for 3-4 minutes, or until the peaches have softened and can be pierced easily with a fork. Let cool while preparing the filling.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and caramel topping with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the filling into the crust and spread into an even layer.
- Arrange the peaches over the topping then drizzle the syrup over the peaches, reserving some for serving.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving or overnight for best results. Add additional syrup right before serving, if you’d like.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 520, Total Fat 28 g, Saturated Fat 16 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Sodium 250 mg, Carbohydrate 66 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 49 g (includes 18 g added sugar), Protein 5 g
If using frozen peaches, add only ½ cup (125 mL) apricot preserves and microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until softened.
To use the Deluxe Stand Mixer to prepare the filling, use the BEAT setting. Then use the MIX setting for 45 seconds after adding the whipped topping.
You can make this ahead of time. Fill the crust with cream cheese mixture, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for up to a month. When ready, just remove from the freezer, add the topping and let thaw in the refrigerator until soft enough to cut.