Code of Ethics
As a proud member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA), Pampered Chef supports the Associations "Code of Ethics", a promise to uphold the highest standards of business practices. Pledging to abide by the Code's standards and procedures is a condition of admission and continuing membership in the Association. The Code speaks to both the consumer and seller. It ensures that statements made by member companies are honest and forthright.
Our promise to the Canadian consumer
Consumers doing business with DSA-member companies should expect sales representatives to:
- Tell who they are, why they are approaching a potential customer and what products or services they are offering
- Explain how to return a product or cancel an order
- Respect privacy by calling at times convenient to the customer
- Promptly end a demonstration or presentation at the customer’s request
- Provide accurate and truthful information regarding price, quality, quantity, performance, and availability of products or services
- Offer a written receipt in language understandable by the customer
- Provide his or her name and contact information, as well as contact information about their company
- Offer a complete description of any warranty or guarantee
Our promise to our Pampered Chef Consultants
The Code also is designed to protect our Consultants. Information about the business opportunity is to be accurate and honest. As a salesperson associated with a DSA-member company, you should expect the company to:
- Provide legal and accurate information regarding the company's compensation structure, products and sales methods
- Refrain from any unlawful or unethical recruiting practices and exorbitant entrance or training fees
- Base all actual and potential sales and earnings claims on documented facts
- Abstain from encouraging you to purchase more inventory than you can sell in a reasonable amount of time
- Repurchase 90 percent of the marketable inventory and sales aids you have purchased within the past 12 months, if you decide to leave the business
- Explain the repurchase option in writing
Our promise to help resolve complaints
A complaint involving a DSA member company (such as Pampered Chef) may be filed with the independent Code Administrator of the DSA Code of Ethics. The Code Administrator, who is not affiliated with any member company, is responsible for enforcing the DSA Code of Ethics. The Code Administrator does everything possible to resolve complaints to the satisfaction of all parties involved, and has the authority to decide on remedies. All member companies agree to honor the Administrator’s decisions.
Founded in 1954, the Direct Sellers Association of Canada (DSA) is the national trade association of the leading firms that manufacture and distribute goods and services through independent sales contractors directly to consumers. The DSA's mission is "To further enhance trust, confidence and growth in the Canadian direct-selling industry through self-regulation and ethical conduct."
To learn more about direct selling, the Association, and the DSA Code of Ethics, visit the DSA web site at www.dsa.ca