Cheesy Chicken Nacho Dip
- 1¼ lbs (575 g) chicken tenderloins
- 2½ tbsp (37 mL) taco seasoning or Southwestern Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 pkg (8 oz./250 g) cream cheese (regular or Neufchatel)
- 3 green onions
- ¼ cup (50 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 oz. (250 g) Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend (2 cups/500 mL grated), divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 8 oz. (250 g) reduced-fat sour cream
- Optional: Tortilla chips or fresh vegetables
Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Evenly arrange the chicken tenderloins on the Stone Bar Pan. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the seasoning. Bake for 13–15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Meanwhile, add the cream cheese and the remaining seasoning to a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 30–60 seconds, or until the cream cheese is softened. Mix well.
Use the Coated Chef's Knife to finely chop the green onions and cilantro. Add half to the batter bowl and set the remainder aside for topping.
Add half of the cheese to the bowl and set the remainder aside.
Cut off the top of the bell pepper and remove the seeds and veins. Cut the pepper into chunks and add them to the processor. Process until coarsely chopped. Add the bell pepper and sour cream to the batter bowl and mix well.
Remove the pan from the oven and set the chicken aside. Cool slightly then coarsely chop. Transfer the cream cheese mixture to the pan and spread evenly.
Top the cream cheese mixture with the chicken, mixing and spreading evenly. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheese and return to the oven for 4–5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove the pan from the oven and top with remaining green onions and cilantro. Serve warm with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables, if desired.
- 32 servings of about 2 tbsp/30 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 80, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 7 g