Cheesy Chicken Nacho Dip
- 11/4 lbs (575 g) chicken tenders
- 2 1/2 tbsp (37 mL) taco seasoning, divided
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese (regular or Neufchatel)
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 oz (250 g) Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend (2 cups/500 mL grated), divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 container (8 oz/250 g) reduced-fat sour cream
- Tortilla chips or assorted fresh-cut vegetables
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). On the White Large Round Stone , evenly arrange the chicken tenders. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the seasoning. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Meanwhile, in the Classic Batter Bowl , microwave the cream cheese and remaining 1½ tbsp (22 mL) of seasoning, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until the cream cheese is softened. Mix well with Small Mix ‘N Scraper® .
Using the Coated Utility Knife , cut the green onions into pieces. Process the onions and cilantro in the Manual Food Processor until finely chopped. Add half to batter bowl. Set aside the remaining green onions and cilantro for topping.
Using the Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater , grate the cheese. Add half to the batter bowl. Set aside the remaining cheese.
Cut off the top of the bell pepper and remove the seeds and veins. Coarsely chop. Add the bell pepper and sour cream to the batter bowl amd mix well.
Remove the stone from the oven. Using the Pizza & Crust Cutter , cut the chicken into bite-size chunks.
Top chicken with cream cheese mixture, mixing and spreading evenly. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheese; return to the oven for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove the stone from the oven. Top with remaining green onions and cilantro. Serve warm with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
- 32 servings of about 2 tbsp/30 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 80, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 7 g