Three-Cheese Tomato Appetizer Tart
Experience “al fresco” dining with the tantalizing flavors of fresh basil and tomatoes.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15 oz/425g package), softened as directed on package
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 8 oz (250 g) pkg reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) snipped fresh basil leaves
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ oz (15 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 2 tbsp/30 mL)
- Additional snipped basil (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Gently unfold crust and roll into an 11 1/2-inch (29 cm) circle. Press into bottom and up sides of Tart Pan. Prick bottom of crust. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown; remove from oven. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, flour and garlic and whisk until smooth. Add remaining mozzarella cheese and basil; mix well. Spread cheese mixture over crust.
Arrange tomato slices in an overlapping circular pattern to completely cover cheese mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 18-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and edge of crust is deep golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes; sprinkle with additional snipped basil, if desired.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 170, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 1 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 6 g