Quick Stovetop Granola
This granola comes together in under 30 minutes, without heating up your oven. Store in your Leakproof Glass Container to retain freshness!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) old fashioned oats (do not use quick or instant)
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) sweetened flaked coconut
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) chopped pecans
- ¼ cup (60 mL) honey, agave nectar or maple pancake syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) dried cherries
Heat the oil in the 5-qt. (4.7-L) Nonstick Saute Pan over medium heat for 3–5 minutes. Add the oats, coconut, and pecans; cook and stir for 4–6 minutes, or until the oats are golden brown. Move the mixture to a large sheet pan.
Add the honey, sugar, and cinnamon to the pan; cook and stir for 1 minute, or until the mixture is bubbling and thickened.
Return the oat mixture to the pan; cook for 1 minute, or until coated. Turn off the heat.
Stir in the cherries. Transfer the mixture to a sheet pan and let it cool for 5–10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Store the granola in a large resealable plastic bag or container.
- 14 servings of (¼ cup/60 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 100, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 5 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 8 g (includes 7 g added sugars), Protein 2 g
Serve as a breakfast cereal, snack or use it to top yogurt or fresh fruit. Or, try a “smoothie breakfast bowl,” a fruit-packed smoothie topped with granola!
- Try using coconut oil, olive oil or butter in place of canola oil.
- Instead of pecans, use almonds, cashews, walnuts, pepitas or sunflower seeds.
- Dried cherries can be swapped for your favorite dried fruit like raisins or cranberries.