Turkey Taco Ring
This classic Pampered Chef recipe is a family favorite.
- Taco Ring
- 1 small red onion, divided
- 1 lbs. (450 g) 93% lean ground turkey
- 2½ tbsp (37 mL) Tex-Mex Rub
- 6 oz. (175 g) cheddar cheese (1¼ cups/300 mL grated)
- 2 pkg (8 oz. or 235 g each) reduced-fat refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Salsa & Toppings
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded
- ½ cup (125 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (125 mL) grape tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced romaine lettuce
Cut the onion in half. Use the Food Chopper to chop half of the onion; set aside the remaining half for the salsa. Cook the onion, turkey, and rub in the 12" (30-cm) Nonstick Skillet over medium heat for 10–12 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink, using the Mix ‘N Chop to break it into pieces. Drain, if necessary. Transfer turkey mixture to Classic Batter Bowl.
Meanwhile, use the Quick Prep Food Grater fitted with the coarse grating blade to grate the cheese. Stir 1 cup (250 mL) of the cheese into the turkey mixture.
Unroll the crescent dough and separate it into 16 triangles. Arrange the wide ends about 1" (2.5 cm) away from the inner ring of the platter. The points should extend over the edge of the platter. Flatten the wide ends of the wide ends of the dough with the Baker’s Roller®.
Use the Large Scoop to distribute the filling evenly over the dough. Bring the points of the triangles up and over the filling, then tuck the points under the dough toward the center to form a ring.
Brush the ring with the egg white and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
Meanwhile, for the salsa, cut the remaining onion and jalapeño into chunks. Place the onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, garlic pressed with the Garlic Press, and salt into the Manual Food Processor, and process until coarsely chopped. Add the tomatoes and process until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
Remove the stone from the oven. Serve with salsa and shredded lettuce.
- 8 servings of 2 rolls per serving
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 470 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 20 g