Chimichurri Noodles with Grilled Flank Steak
Paired with perfectly grilled flank steak, It's hard to believe that these aren't real noodles!
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, divided
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plus 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 1 medium rutabage, peeled, ends trimmed and cut into quarters (about 2 lbs/1 kg)
- 1 lb (450 g) beef flank steak
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Combine cilantro, parsley and 2 garlic cloves in Manual Food Processor; process until coarsely chopped.
Add ¼ cup (50 mL) oil, vinegar, and 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) each salt and pepper to processor; process until well blended, scraping down sides as necessary.
Using the fettuccini blade on the Veggie Spiralizer, spiralize the rutabaga; set aside.
Season steak with remaining salt, pepper and remaining garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Heat Executive Nonstick Square Grill Pan and Grill Press over medium heat for 5 minutes. Grill steak 10-15 minutes or until reaches 140°F (63°C) for medium-rare doneness or 155°F (68°C) for medium doneness, turning once. Remove steak to cutting board; tent with aluminum foil and let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in 12” (30-cm) Executive Nonstick Skillet over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until shimmering. Add rutabaga noodles; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add water to Skillet; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low, cook 6-8 minutes or until noodles are crisp-tender. Add sauce to noodles; toss to coat.
Slice steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
To serve, place noodles on serving platter; arrange steak over noodles. Top with pepper flakes, if desired.
- 4 servings of 1 3/4 cups/425 mL noodles; about 4 oz/125 g meat