Pressure Cooker Mediterranean Chicken & Rice Bowls
Using a pressure cooker to make these rice bowls means that your meal comes together with only a little hands-on time, but still delivers fantastic Mediterranean flavor.
- Chicken & Rice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 8 cups (2 L) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Greek Rub or Lemon Garlic Rub
- ¼ cup (50 mL) water
- 1½ cups (375 mL) basmati or long grain white rice, rinsed
- 1½ cups (375 mL) chicken broth
- ½ seedless cucumber
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup (125 mL) hummus
- Optional: ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
Set the Quick Cooker to SEAR and press START. Melt the butter in the inner pot. Add the onion, salt, and garlic and cook for 2–3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook an additional minute, or until the spinach is slightly wilted. Press CANCEL.
Season both sides of the chicken with the rub and place it on top of the spinach.* Add the water.
- Combine the rice and broth in a ceramic pot. Cover and lower onto the wire cradle. Cook on CHICKEN/POULTRY for 9 minutes.
When the timer is up, let the steam release naturally for 10 minutes, then press the steam-release button to release any remaining pressure. Press CANCEL.
Finely chop the parsley in a food processor. Add the hummus and lemon juice and process until well combined.
Carefully lift the ceramic pot out of the cooker and fluff the rice with a fork.* Transfer the chicken and spinach to a medium mixing bowl and chop.
To serve, add the chicken, vegetables, rice, and sauce to a bowl. If you’d like, sprinkle with the feta.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 730 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fiber 4 g, Total Sugars 4 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 25 g
Slice the cucumber, then turn it a quarter turn and slice again.
Watch this video to see how to make the recipe.
*Safety Tip: The stainless steel inner pot will be hot during and after cooking. Use a long-handled utensil when stirring and removing food.