Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken
This simple, family-friendly grilled chicken recipe comes together quickly and for a flavorful and tasty weeknight dinner.
- ¼ cup (60 mL) honey
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) low-sodium, gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1¼ lbs./575 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt, divided
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper, divided
- 1 lb. (450 g) broccoli florets or broccoli rabe
- Optional: Sesame seeds, sliced green onions, cooked rice
Insert the grill plates into the Deluxe Electric Grill & Griddle and press PROBE; set the plates to 400°F (200°C) and the doneness to 165°F (74°C).
- Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl (see cook’s tip). Set aside.
Brush the chicken with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil and season with ⅓ tsp (0.5 mL) each of salt and pepper.
- When the grill is preheated, insert the probe into one piece of chicken and place all the chicken on the grill. Close the lid and cook until done, 4–5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and place in a shallow bowl. Pour the honey mixture over the chicken and cover (see cook’s tip); set aside.
- For the broccoli, set the Deluxe Electric Grill & Griddle to GRILL. Toss the broccoli with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil and season with the remaining salt and pepper. When preheated, add the broccoli and cook in the Open position until lightly browned and tender, 6–8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce and top with sesame seeds and green onions, if you’d like. It can be served as is or over rice.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 530 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 12 g (includes 11 g added sugar), Protein 22 g
For even more flavor, you can marinate the chicken in 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the sauce for several hours before cooking. When you’re ready to grill, remove the chicken from the marinade and pat it dry.
Because honey and soy sauce burn easily, we added the sauce after cooking. This method lets you get all of the flavor and no burnt pieces.