Caramelized Apple & Bacon Pizza
Fall flavors come together for a pizza that’s sweet, savory, cheesy, and budget-friendly!
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) oil for brushing
- 1 lb. (450 g) fresh pizza dough or 5-minute dough (see cook’s tips)
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ red onion, sliced into ¼" (6-mm) pieces
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into ¼" (6-mm) pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 4 oz. (125 g) Gouda or mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated (1 cup/250 mL)
- 2 cups (500 mL) arugula or baby spinach leaves
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) lemon juice
- Optional: ¼ cup (60 mL) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, feta, or goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
Brush the Large Round Stone with oil. Place the dough in the center of the stone. Stretch or roll the dough to the edges, pressing with your fingers as needed.
Cook the bacon in the 10" (25‑cm) Nonstick Fry Pan over medium heat until crispy, about 6–8 minutes. Move the bacon to a paper towel–lined plate using a slotted spoon to reserve the bacon fat.
- Add the onion, apples, and brown sugar to the pan. Cook over medium heat, gently tossing, until slightly softened, about 4–5 minutes.
- To assemble the pizza, evenly top the dough with the cheese, then top with the onion and apple mixture. Sprinkle with the cooked bacon.
- Bake for 13–15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, toss the arugula and lemon juice in a mixing bowl until coated. Top the pizza with arugula and Gorgonzola, if you’d like, just before serving.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 310, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 670 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 8 g (includes 2 g added sugar), Protein 12 g
You can make this pizza with our Pizza Crust Mix. Prepare the crust according to the package directions.
You can find a recipe for 5-Minute Dough on our website. If you’re using this recipe, par-cook the dough for 7 minutes, then continue as the recipe directs.