Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Cups
- 2 cups (500 mL) corn chips
- 6 oz (175 g) sharp cheddar cheese (1 1/2 cups/375 mL grated)
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced cooked chicken breast
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) hot cayenne pepper sauce (see cook’s tip)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (about 1 oz/30 g) crumbled blue cheese
- Additional hot cayenne pepper sauce for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Generously spray wells of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Spoon about 1 tbsp (15 mL) chip mixture into each well of pan and lightly press to flatten using Mini-Tart Shaper. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cups are bubbly and edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and cool 3-4 minutes.
Meanwhile, thinly slice green onions using Utility Knife; set aside 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the green tops for garnish.
Combine remaining green onions, chicken, hot cayenne pepper sauce, sour cream, blue cheese and remaining ½ cup (125 mL) cheddar in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until mixture is warm and cheese is slightly melted.
Release cups from pan using cleaning tool of Garlic Press and place onto Stackable Cooling Rack. Spoon about 1 level tbsp (15 mL) filling into each cup. Drizzle with additional hot cayenne pepper sauce, if desired. Garnish with reserved green onion tops.
- 24 servings of 1 appetizer
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 60, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 120 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 4 g
Look for a hot cayenne pepper sauce used for making buffalo chicken wings.
You may use 1½ tbsp (22 mL) Buffalo Rub in place of the hot cayenne pepper sauce.