Muffaletta Appetizer Wreath
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 pkg (11 oz or 235 g) refrigerated French bread dough
- 2 oz (60g) thinly sliced deli salami
- ½ cup (125 mL) jarred roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry
- ½ cup (125 mL) pitted black olives, drained
- 2 oz (60 g) mozzarella cheese
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- ½ oz (15 g) fresh Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup (50 mL) fresh basil leaves
Place the dough onto the flat side of a lightly floured Large Grooved Cutting Board. Cut the dough in half lengthwise using the Coated Bread Knife. Roll each half into a 15 x 2.5-in. (38 x 6-cm) strip using the Baker’s Roller®, sprinkling it with flour as needed.
Form the strips into a ring on the stone. Press the center of the dough with the small end of the roller to form a well in the middle of the dough.
Brush the dough with the remaining 1½ tsp (7 mL) of oil. Using the Pizza & Crust Cutter, cut each dough half into 12 rectangular pieces to make 24 pieces total. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove the stone to a Stackable Cooling Rack. Press the center of the dough again to create wells. Scoop the filling into the wells using a level Small Scoop. Return the stone to the oven; bake 2-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, grate the Parmesan using a Rotary Grater and thinly slice the basil.
Remove the stone from the oven; sprinkle the wreath with Parmesan and basil.
- 12 servings of 2 appetizers
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 110, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 370 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g