Brown Sugar-Dijon Brie
Appetizers don’t get any easier than this. Start with brie, add toppings, surround with slices of French bread, and bake!
- ½ cup (125 mL) sliced almonds, divided
- ½ cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 4-in. round (8 oz/250 mL) Brie cheese with rind, room temperature
- 1 loaf (16 oz/500 mL) French baguette
- Vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Coarsely chop ¼ cup (50 mL) of the almonds.. Combine the chopped almonds, sugar, and mustard in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Cut the Brie in half horizontally. Place half of the Brie, cut-side up, in the center of the Large Round Stone or Pizza Stone. Spread half of the sugar mixture evenly over the bottom half of the Brie. Top with the other half of the Brie, cut-side up. Spread the remaining sugar mixture over the Brie and sprinkle with the remaining almonds.
- Slice the baguette on a bias into twenty-four ¼" (6-mm) slices. Arrange the slices around the Brie and spritz or brush them with oil. Bake for 8–10 minutes, or until the baguette slices are golden brown and the Brie begins to soften. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 9 g, Sodium 460 mg, Fiber 2 g