This crowd-pleasing delicious dip is warm, extra cheesy, creamy, and hard to stop eating. Really, the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
- 2 cups (500 mL) loosely packed baby spinach
- 15 oz. (425 g) ricotta cheese
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 oz. (60 g) mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated (½ cup/125 mL)
- ½ oz. (15 g) Parmesan cheese, finely grated (¼ cup/60 mL)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh oregano
- Crackers or toasted bread for serving
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Microwave the spinach, covered, for 1 minute. Squeeze out any excess water.
Whisk the ricotta, salt, egg, and egg yolk together in a medium bowl. Stir in the spinach, cheeses, tomatoes, and oregano. Pour the mixture into the 1-qt. (1-L) Enameled Cast Iron Baker.
Bake until the dip is slightly browned and set in the center, about 35–40 minutes. Serve warm with crackers or toasted bread.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 220 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fiber 1 g, Total Sugars 0 g, Added Sugars 0 g, Protein 10 g
To get a bit of a head start, you can mix all the ingredients together up to a day before it’s baked.