Mexican Layered Dip
Fiesta in a tortilla bowl!
- 1 (12-in./30-cm) flour tortilla
- 1 can (16 oz/398 mL) authentic refried beans
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Tex-Mex Rub, divided
- 1 large jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grape tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 oz (125 g) Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- Restaurant-style tortilla chips or Baked Tortilla Chips (optional, see Cook's Tip)
Microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until crispy. Let stand 2-3 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Gently remove tortilla bowl from baker; transfer to Large Bamboo Platter. (Leave baker in microwave until cool enough to handle.)
Mix refried beans and 1½ tbsp (22 mL) of the rub in Small Batter Bowl until blended.
Combine tomato mixture, corn and remaining 1½ tbsp (22 mL) rub in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. Peel and dice avocado. Gently stir avocado into salsa.
Grate cheese with Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater.
To assemble dip, spread bean mixture evenly over bottom of tortilla bowl. Spread sour cream evenly over bean mixture. Top with cheese and corn salsa. Serve dip with tortilla chips or Baked Tortilla Chips, if desired.
- 16 servings of 1/4
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 120, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 320 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 5 g