Greek Artichoke Zucchini Rounds
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1½-in./4-cm in diameter)
- 2 oz (60 g) fresh Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup/125 mL grated)
- 4 butter-flavored crackers
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) quartered artichoke hearts in water, well drained (see Cook’s Tips)
- 1/4 small red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt (see Cook’s Tips)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Greek Rub
Using Food Chopper, finely chop crackers; set aside. Finely chop artichokes and bell pepper; place in batter bowl with Parmesan.
Add yogurt, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and rub; mix with Small Mix ‘N Scraper® until blended.
Using Small Scoop, place about 1 scoop of topping onto each zucchini round. Sprinkle evenly with cracker crumbs.
- 24 servings of 1 appetizer
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 appetizer): Calories 25, Total Fat 1 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2 g
Blot excess moisture from artichoke hearts with paper towels.
Light mayonnaise can be substituted for the Greek yogurt.