Green Goddess Pasta Salad
A great summer pasta salad packed with vegetables and a creamy green goddess dressing.
- Pasta Salad
- ½ pkg (8 oz/454 g) rotini pasta (2 1/3 cups/575 mL)
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes
- ½ seedless cucumber, sliced into half moons
- ½ avocado (remaining is used in the dressing)
- ½ can (15.25 oz./432g) black beans, drained and rinsed (3/4 cup/175 mL)
- ½ can (15.25 oz./432 g) corn drained and rinsed (3/4 cup/175 mL)
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled feta or cotija cheese
- Green Goddess Dressing
- ½ cup (125 mL) low-fat sour cream
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) canola oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Green Goddess Seasoning
- 2 tsp (10 mL) white wine vinegar
- ½ avocado
- Cook the pasta according the package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Combine the dressing ingredients with an immersion blender and blend until smooth.
- Slice the tomatoes and remaining avocado with the Cup Slicer.
- Add the vegetables, corn, beans, and dressing and mix to combine. Top with the cheese.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 420, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 560 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Fiber 6 g, Sugars 6 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 12 g
You can add 1 cup (250 mL) of cooked shredded chicken for added protein.
Make extra dressing and use it throughout the week for salads or as a dip for veggies!
We used rotini pasta because it holds the sauce nicely, but you can use any short pasta like shells, elbow macaroni, penne, or radiatore.