Spaghetti Noodles with Fresh Tomato-Basil Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 pkg (10.5 oz/595 g each) grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 carton (32 oz) unsalted chicken stock or vegetable stock (4 cups/1 L)
- 1 lb (450 g) uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 3/4 oz (20 g) fresh basil leaves, snipped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and black pepper
Heat oil in All-Purpose Pot over medium heat 1-3 min or until shimmering. Add pressed garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 sec.
Add tomatoes and chicken stock. Cover; bring to a boil over high heat.
Stir in spaghetti. Cook, covered, 10-12 min or until pasta is tender and tomatoes have burst, stirring occasionally. Gently squeeze any whole tomatoes with Chef’s Tongs.
Stir in basil, salt and pepper.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 250, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 220 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 10 g
For variety, stir in any of the following in Step 4.
• Fresh baby spinach
• Diced cooked chicken, Italian sausage or cannellini beans.