Napa Cabbage & Peach Salad
- 1 wedge (18 oz/540 g) napa cabbage, core removed (about ¼ of a head)
- 1 red apple, such as Fuji or Gala, cored
- 12 oz (350 g) cooked chicken (cooled to at least room temperature)
- 1 romaine heart (4 cups/1 L chopped)
- 2 ripe white peaches (see Cook's tip)
- ¼ cup (50 mL) canola oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- Toppings: ¼ cup (50 mL) crumbled goat cheese, dried cherries, or sliced almonds
Place the cabbage, core facing up, into the Multi-Grater & Slicer fitted with the slicing disk. Slice into the small Glass Mixing Bowl. (You’ll get about 3.5 cups/875 mL grated.) Transfer the cabbage to a large bowl.
Cut the apple into chunks. Place them into the grater and slice into the small bowl. Slice the chicken using the grater.
Dice the peaches and cut the romaine using a knife.
Transfer the apple, chicken, peaches, and romaine into the large bowl.
Whisk the oil, lime juice, and honey in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over salad. Top with goat cheese, cherries, or almonds.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
US Nutrients per serving (2 cups/500 mL per serving): Calories 240, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 95 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 13 g, Protein 15 g
White peaches are sweeter than yellow peaches. You can also use 2 yellow peaches instead of white peaches.
To layer 1 serving of the salad in the Make & Take Mason Jar, follow this order: 1 cup (250 mL) cabbage, ¼ cup (50 mL) peaches, ¼ cup (50 mL) apples, ½ cup (125 mL) chicken, 1½ cups (375 mL) romaine, and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the toppings.