Classic Cobb Salad
This Cobb salad recipe is packed with all the classic flavors but making it in the Salad Cutting Bowl makes it easy to eat on the go.
- 1 small romaine heart, trimmed (about 4 oz./125 g)
- 1 Roma tomato, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 green onion, green part only
- 2 oz. (60 g) chicken breast, cooked
- ½ small avocado
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Basic Vinaigrette
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp (1 mL) lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) blue cheese crumbles
- Optional: 1½ tbsp (22 mL) bacon bits
Add the romaine, tomato, and green onion to the colander of the Salad Cutting Bowl and rinse. Add the remaining salad ingredients. Place the cutting platform on top of the colander and twist until the notches are aligned.
Flip the bowl over and use the Coated Chef’s Knife to cut along the slots. Gently lift the colander and turn it one quarter turn; slice again. Continue turning and slicing until the ingredients reach the desired size. Place the colander into the bowl.
Pour the basic vinaigrette and remaining dressing ingredients into the condiment container and shake until combined. Add dressing and toppings to the condiment container side of the cutting platform and place it on top of the bowl. Cover with the lid.
- When you’re ready to eat, slide out the colander to pour the salad into the bowl. Add dressing and toppings.
- 1 servings of (2 cups/500 mL salad plus dressing)
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 460, Total Fat 32 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 235 mg, Sodium 630 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 9 g, Protein 27 g