This salad is loaded with nutrients and a blend of flavors and textures, topped with a cinnamon-honey vinaigrette. It will be your new weekday favorite!
- 1 orange
- 1 oz. (30 g) bbaby spinach leaves (about 1 cup/250 mL packed)
- 4 oz. (125 g) purple cabbage
- 4 oz. (125 g) cauliflower (about 1 cup/250 mL florets)
- ½ red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Basic Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) shelled unsalted pistachios
Add the spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, and bell pepper to the colander of the Salad Cutting Bowl and rinse. Cut the orange into quarters lengthwise. Save one quarter for the dressing. Peel the remaining orange and add it to the bowl. Place the cutting platform on top of the colander and twist until the notches are aligned.
Flip the bowl over and use the Coated Chef’s Knife to cut along the slots. Gently lift the colander and turn it one quarter turn; slice again. Continue turning and slicing until produce reaches the desired size. Place the colander into the bowl.
Pour the basic vinaigrette and remaining dressing ingredients into the condiment container and shake until combined. Add dressing and toppings to the condiment container side of the cutting platform and place it on top of the bowl. Cover with the lid.
When you’re ready to eat, slide out the colander to pour the salad into the bowl. Add dressing and toppings.
- 1 servings of (2 cups/500 mL salad plus dressing)
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 410, Total Fat 22 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 250 mg, Carbohydrate 51 g, Fiber 15 g, Sugars 28 g, Protein 12 g