Southwestern Salad With BBQ-Lime Dressing
The bold flavors in this salad make it a great choice for lunch. Plus, it’s packed with protein to help you feel full all afternoon.
- 1 small romaine heart, trimmed (about 4 oz./125 g)
- 1 plum tomato, cut in half
- 1 green onion, green part only
- 2 oz. (60 g) chicken breast, cooked
- ½ small avocado
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Basic Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice (about ½ a lime)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Greek yogurt or sour cream
- ½ cup (125 mL) tortilla chips (optional)
- ¼ cup (50 mL) black beans
- ¼ cup (50 mL) grated cheddar cheese (optional)
Add the romaine, tomato, and green onion to the colander of the Salad Cutting Bowl and rinse. Add the remaining salad ingredients. Place the cutting platform on top of the colander and twist until the notches are aligned.
Flip the bowl over and use the Coated Chef’s Knife to cut along the slots. Gently lift the colander and turn it one quarter turn; slice again. Continue turning and slicing until produce reaches the desired size. Place the colander into the bowl.
Pour the basic vinaigrette and remaining dressing ingredients into the condiment container and shake until combined. Add dressing and toppings to the condiment container side of the cutting platform and place it on top of the bowl. Cover with the lid.
- When you’re ready to eat, slide out the colander to pour the salad into the bowl. Add dressing and toppings.
- 1 servings of (3 cups/750 mL salad plus dressing)
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 410, Total Fat 27 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 650 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Fiber 6 g, Sugars 8 g, Protein 21 g