Cheesy Potato Soup
- 2½ cups (625 mL) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 1½ cups (375 mL) russet potatoes
- ½ medium onion
- 1 small carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 oz. (125 g) cheddar cheese, cubed
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) black pepper
Add the ingredients to the Deluxe Cooking Blender in the order listed (don’t add the add-ins). Replace and lock the lid. Turn the wheel to select the SOUP setting; press the wheel to start.
When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Remove the vented lid cap and carefully add the add-ins. Replace the cap and hold the PULSE button until they are fully combined.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (1 cup/250 mL per serving): Calories 210, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 580 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 6 g
Peel and cut your vegetables into chunks before you measure them.
Follow the recipe quantities for best results and to minimize scorching.