Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Vegetable Soup
Using the Tuscan-Style Herb Chicken Mix creates the most delicious soup with very little prep work or added ingredients! The whole family is sure to love this one! Thank you to Tieghan Gerard at Half-Baked Harvest for creating this TasteBuds recipe.
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry white wine, such as pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc
- 1 pkg (1.4 oz./39 g) Tuscan-Style Herb Chicken Mix
- 6 cups (1.5 L) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (12 oz./350 g)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4-6 cups (1-1.5 L) roughly chopped kale
- 1 lb. (450 g) fresh cheese tortellini
- ½ cup (125 mL) heavy cream or whole milk
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Optional: Fresh basil for serving
In the bowl of your slow cooker, whisk together the wine and Tuscan-Style Herb Chicken Mix. Whisk in the broth. Add the chicken, onion, carrots, celery, tomato paste, and olive oil. Add the red pepper flakes, if you’d like. Cover, and cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2–3 hours.
During the last 15 minutes of cooking, stir in the kale, tortellini, cream, and cheese.
- Serve the soup topped with additional cheese and fresh basil, if you’d like.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 1,190 mg, Carbohydrate 55 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugars 7 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 23 g
Ravioli Refresh: Small cheese ravioli can replace the tortellini.
Autumn Awesomeness: Replace the carrots with acorn or butternut squash for a fall vibe.
Spinach Spin: You can substitute fresh spinach for the kale