Italian Meatball Burgers
Thanks to our Burger & Slider Press, these meatball flavored burgers come together quick!
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry Italian-style bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese (1 oz/30 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 lbs (700 g) 90% lean ground beef
- 8 oz (250 g) bulk mild Italian pork sausage
- canola oil for spraying pan
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) marinara sauce
- 8 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
Press garlic with Garlic Press into bowl and add remaining burger ingredients, expect buns; mix until thoroughly combined.
Place half of the buns, cut-side down, into pan and heat 30-60 seconds or until lightly toasted. Repeat with remaining buns. Remove buns and set aside.
Spray Burger & Slider Press with oil. Using ½ cup (125 mL) meat mixture, press meat into a patty and place onto pan. Continue to press remaining meat mixture for 8 total burgers.
Cook 3-4 minutes (on one side) or until grill marks appear.
Place marinara sauce in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave, covered, on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until warmed.
Turn burgers over. Top with cheese and marinara. Cook 2-3 minutes or until internal temperature is 160°F (71°C). Place burgers on buns.
- 8 servings of 1 burger with bun
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 490, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 920 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 33 g