Italian Meatball Burgers
Thanks to our Burger & Slider Press, these meatball flavored burgers come together quick!
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry Italian-style bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese (1 oz/30 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 lbs (700 g) 90% lean ground beef
- 8 oz (250 g) bulk mild Italian pork sausage
- canola oil for spraying pan
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) marinara sauce
- 8 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
In small bowl, finely snip parsley with Professional Shears and place in Classic Batter Bowl.
Press garlic with Garlic Press into bowl and add remaining burger ingredients, expect buns; mix until thoroughly combined.
Spray Executive Nonstick Double Burner Grill with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Heat over medium heat 3-5 minutes.
Place half of the buns, cut-side down, into pan and heat 30-60 seconds or until lightly toasted. Repeat with remaining buns. Remove buns and set aside.
Spray Burger & Slider Press with oil. Using ½ cup (125 mL) meat mixture, press meat into a patty and place onto pan. Continue to press remaining meat mixture for 8 total burgers.
Cook 3-4 minutes (on one side) or until grill marks appear.
Place marinara sauce in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave, covered, on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until warmed.
Turn burgers over. Top with cheese and marinara. Cook 2-3 minutes or until internal temperature is 160°F (71°C). Place burgers on buns.
- 8 servings of 1 burger with bun
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 490, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 920 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 33 g