Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) olive oil
- 3 ½ tbsp (52 mL) Jamaican Jerk Rub
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 ½ tbsp (37 mL) lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 habanero pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Optional: Mango salsa
- Place all the marinade ingredients into a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds, until a rough paste forms.
- Place the chicken thighs into a baking dish or mixing bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken, turning until they’re completely coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15–30 minutes.
- Remove the thighs from the marinade, letting the excess drip from the thighs.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Brush with the oil.
- Place the chicken thighs on the grill, skin-side down, and cover. Cook for about 8–10 minutes. Flip and continue to cooking for an additional 8–10 minutes, uncovered, until the internal temperature is 170°F (77°C) and the juices run clear.
- Remove the thighs from the grill and transfer to a platter. Tent loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 420, Total Fat 33 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 130 mg, Sodium 1,670 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 0 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 28 g
Sides for Thighs: Serve them on top of cilantro-lime rice, with grilled veggies, or on top of mashed potatoes.
Beef It Up: Try steak with same marinade and cooking directions.
Leftover Makeover: Make a delicious chicken salad, grilled chicken paninis, soup, or even chicken nachos.