- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. (450 g) 90% lean ground beef
- 8 oz. (250 g) bulk hot Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 can (16 oz./454 g) chili beans in mild chili sauce, undrained
- 1 cab (14.5 oz./411 g) fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz./411 g) low-sodium beef broth
- 1 jar (14 oz./397 g) pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Everything but the Pizza™ Seasoning
- Optional: Sliced pepperoni, grated mozzarella cheese, sliced black olives, chopped mushrooms, chopped parsley
Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat for 3–5 minutes.
Add the onion and bell pepper to the pan. Cook until slightly softened, about 2–3 minutes.
Add the ground beef, Italian sausage, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, breaking the beef into crumbles until it’s no longer pink, 8–10 minutes. Drain the excess liquid.
Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25–30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Top each serving with mozzarella cheese and additional toppings, if you’d like.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 430, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Sodium 1,420 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 12 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 31 g
Vegetarian Win: Swap the beef with plant-based meat crumbles, swap the beef broth with veggie broth, and omit the Italian sausage.
Pizza Perfection: Add ½ tbsp (7 mL) of seasoning in step 4 to get more pizza flavor!
Protein Preference: You can substitute the ground beef with ground chicken or turkey. Make It Mild: For less heat, use sweet Italian sausage instead of hot Italian sausage.