Everything Bagel Mac & Cheese
- 3 cups (750 mL) cavatappi pasta
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2½ tbsp (37 mL) Everything Bagel Mix, divided
- 2½ cups (625 mL) milk
- 4 oz. (125 g) grated sharp cheddar cheese (1 cup/250 mL)
- 4 oz. (125 g) cream cheese, cubed
- ½ cup (125 mL) panko breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to the package directions; drain. Return the pasta to the pot.
- Melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the butter in a saucepan. Sprinkle with the flour and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the seasoning; whisk until combined. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Cook over medium heat for 5–7 minutes, or until the mixture comes to a boil, then cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and add the cheeses, stirring until melted.
Remove from the heat. Combine the pasta and Mornay sauce in a greased 2-qt. (1.9-L) casserole.
Microwave the remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) of butter in a small bowl until melted, 30 seconds. Mix in the panko and remaining seasoning. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the pasta
- Bake, uncovered, 28–30 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 520, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 680 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 6 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 18 g
Pasta Preference: We love cavatappi in this recipe, but you can try penne, rotini, or medium shells.
Cheesy Choices: Switch out sharp cheddar cheese for white cheddar, Gouda, Gruyere, or Parmesan.
Produce Perfection: Stir in 3 cups (750 mL) of your favorite cooked veggies when you stir in the pasta.