Sriracha Shrimp Tacos
Spicy sauteed shrimp with a simple cilantro lime slaw and a creamy sriracha peanut sauce is serious flavor all in a taco!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 lb. (450 g) large shrimp (31–40 count), peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Honey Sriracha Seasoning
- 8 6" (15-cm) corn or flour tortillas
- Optional: Chopped cilantro
- 2 cups (500 mL) coleslaw mix
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ½ lime, juiced (1 tbsp/15 mL)
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) creamy peanut buttter
- 2-3 tbsp (30-45 mL) water, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Honey Sriracha Seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
Melt the butter in a 12" (30-cm) skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with the seasoning in a medium bowl.
Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink and opaque, 3–4 minutes.
Combine all the ingredients for the slaw and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the sauce, combine the peanut butter, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the water, soy sauce, seasoning, and garlic. Thin out the sauce with additional water if it’s too thick.
To serve, fill each tortilla with 3–4 shrimp. Top with the slaw, a drizzle of the sauce, and additional chopped cilantro, if you’d like.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (2 tacos with corn tortillas): Calories 230, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 150 mg, Sodium 1,060 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 3 g (includes 1 g added sugar), Protein 20 g
Chicken Choice: Not a fan of shrimp? Try this recipe with diced chicken tenders. Cook in the skillet until 165°F (74°C), about 7–8 minutes, turning once.
Seafood Salad: You can double the slaw recipe and omit the tortillas. Serve the shrimp on top of the slaw with the sauce drizzled over the top.
Summertime Slaw: This recipe is great with broccoli slaw or Brussels sprouts slaw!