Lemon Artichoke Pasta
Brighten up weeknight meals with this pasta that cooks in the microwave.
- 12 oz. (350 g) uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 4 cups (1 L) unsalted chicken stock (see cook's tips)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 1 can (14 oz./398 mL) quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 2½ tsp (12 mL) Lemon Garlic Rub or Lemon Pepper Rub
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 oz. (60 g) fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated (½ cup/125 mL)
- Optional: Salt
Add the spaghetti, stock, and lemon juice to the Rockcrok® (4-qt./3.8-L) Dutch Oven or Deep Covered Baker. Microwave, covered, for 8 minutes.
Finely chop the parsley in a food processor. Add the artichokes, oil, rub, and garlic. Process again, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until the artichokes are coarsely chopped.
- Carefully remove the Dutch oven from the microwave; stir. Return to the microwave. Microwave, covered, for an additional 8 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
Trim the ends off the zucchini and cut into 3" (7.5-cm) julienne strips (about 2 cups/500 mL).
Add the artichoke mixture, zucchini, and Parmesan to the Dutch oven. Toss to coat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. If you’d like, season with salt.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 380, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 500 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g, Fiber 4 g, Total sugars 5 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 16 g
If you’d like to make this recipe vegetarian, substitute unsalted vegetable stock or low-sodium vegetable broth for the chicken stock. For added protein, serve with grilled chicken, shrimp, or cannellini beans.