Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto
Caramelized lemon halves add a splash of smoky, mellow lemon flavor to this satisfying main dish.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz/175 g each)
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut in half crosswise
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 2 pkg (8.8 oz/250 g) each buttery or roasted chicken flavor pre-cooked rice
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2-2 1/2 cup (500-625 mL) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (2 oz/125 mL) grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) snipped fresh basil
- 2 oz (60 g) marscarpone cheese or cream cheese (optional)
- Asiago Crisps (optional)
Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness using flat side of Meat Tenderizer. Season both sides with salt and black pepper. Lightly spray (12-in.) Skillet with oil using Kitchen Spritzer; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Arrange chicken and lemon halves, cut sides down, in Skillet; cook 6-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning chicken once (do not turn lemon halves). Remove chicken and lemon from Skillet. Cool slightly; slice chicken into 1/2-inch pieces using Chef's Knife and set aside.
Add rice; juice caramelized lemon halves into Skillet using Citrus Press. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until juice is completely absorbed into rice. Cut carrot into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Slice zucchini using Crinkle Cutter. Seed tomatoes; dice using Utility Knife. Add vegetables and 2 cups of the broth to Skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 4-5 minutes or until broth is slightly thickened. Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.
Remove risotto from heat. Add Asiago cheese and basil; stir until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened (adjust sauce consistency with additional broth, if necessary). Stir in mascarpone cheese, if desired. Serve with Asiago Crisps, if desired.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 19 g, Sodium 790 mg, Fiber 2 g
If desired 3 cups hot cooked converted rice prepared in the Rice Cooker Plus can be substituted for the pre-cooked rice. For best flavor, prepare rice with chicken broth instead of water.
Marscarpone cheese is a rich Italian-style cream cheese that has a slightly sweet flavor. It can be found in ethnic grocery stores and large grocery stores.