- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plus 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt; mix well. Add blueberries and toss gently.
Lightly brush cups of 12-Cup Muffin Pan with butter; reserve remaining butter. In medium bowl, whisk together remaining butter, milk and egg. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be slightly lumpy.) Do not overmix.
Using Medium Scoop, divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Combine remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over muffins.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
- 12 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 250 mg, Fiber less than 1 g