Sausage & Egg Breakfast Ring
A classic breakfast ring is a great option for busy mornings or brunch gatherings.
- 11 eggs, divided
- ¼ cup (50 mL) half & half
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 green onions
- 1 pkg (9.6 oz./272 g) fully cooked breakfast sausage (12 links)
- 2 cups (6 oz./175 g) colby jack cheese, grated
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 2 pkgs (8 oz./250 g each) crescent rolls
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl whisk 10 of the eggs with the half & half, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the bell peppers into quarters. Process the bell peppers and onions in batches in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to the bowl. Process the sausage until finely chopped and add to the bowl.
- Microwave the mixture, uncovered, on HIGH for 6 minutes. Remove from the microwave and stir to break up the eggs. Microwave for 3 minutes, then stir. Microwave for 2 minutes, then stir. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Brush oil onto the Large Round Stone.
- Separate the rolls into 16 triangles. Arrange the triangles on the stone with the wide ends in the center, slightly overlapping. There should be a 5" (13-cm) opening in the center. The narrow ends of the dough will extend beyond the edge of the stone.
- Flatten the wide ends of the dough. Place the egg mixture over the wider sides of the dough in a circle. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the eggs.
Pull the narrow ends of the dough over the filling and tuck the points under the dough to form a ring.
Separate the remaining egg and add ½ tsp (2 mL) of water to the yolk; mix. Use the basting brush to brush the top of the ring with egg wash. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Sprinkle parsley on top of the ring.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 140 mg, Sodium 540 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 3 g, Protein 12 g