Double Berry Galette
A galette is a rustic, free-form tart, usually filled with fruit. The result is a juicy pastry that begs for a sprinkle of powdered sugar or ice cream.
- 1 lemon
- 3 cups (750 mL) blueberries, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) raspberries, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce/450 g package), softened as directed on package
- Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Zest lemon using Microplane Grater to measure 1 tablespoon zest; set aside. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 teaspoons juice. Combine lemon juice, 1 cup of the blueberries, 1/2 cup of the raspberries, granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon in Classic Batter Bowl; toss gently to coat using Small Mix 'N Scraper®.
- Gently unroll pie crust onto center of Small Round Stone. Spoon berry mixture evenly over crust to within 1 1/2 inches of edge of crust. Fold outer edge of crust up over filling, overlapping every 2 inches to form an even border.
Bake 35-37 minutes or until filling is bubbly in center and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Sprinkle with remaining berries; cool 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar using Flour & Sugar Shaker. Garnish with reserved lemon zest. Cut into wedges using Slice 'N Serve®.
- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 180, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 100 mg, Fiber 2 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat (2 carb)
Ground cinnamon can be substituted for the Korintje Cinnamon, if desired.
Place a sheet of aluminum foil on the oven rack below the baking stone to catch any drippings.
To quickly bring pie crust to room temperature, place the crust pouch in the microwave; microwave on DEFROST (30% power) for 10-20 seconds.
To keep berries fresh, do not wash them until you are ready to use them. Arrange them in a single layer on a paper towel-lined plate. Cover with additional paper towels and refrigerate up to 2 days before using.