Warm Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 pouch Pizza Crust Mix* (Do not use Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix.)
- 1 cup (250 mL) hot water (120-130°F/49-54°C)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, softened
- 1 egg, (room temperature) lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plus 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Korintje Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) light corn syrup
- 2 oz (60 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) milk
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) powdered sugar
Combine dough ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; mix with Mix ‘N Scraper® until dough pulls away from side of bowl. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Shape dough into ball. Knead 5 minutes or until smooth. Cover with mixing bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Using lightly floured Baker’s Roller®, roll dough into a 15x10-in. (38x25-cm) rectangle.
Combine ¼ cup (50 mL) butter and remaining filling ingredients in another medium mixing bowl; mix well with flat end of Scoop & Spread (mixture will be very thick). Spoon filling over dough and spread to within 1/2 in. (1-cm) of edges. Starting on one short side, roll dough tightly, pinching seams to seal. Using Color Coated Serrated Knife, cut dough into 12 slices; place in Large Baker and cover with plastic wrap.
Heat oven on lowest setting for 1-2 minutes. Turn oven off. Place baker on top rack of oven. Fill large pan with hot water; place on rack below baker. Close oven; let dough rise 1 hour. Carefully remove baker and pan from oven.
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). In (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl, microwave remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, uncovered, on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush, brush rolls with butter.
Bake, uncovered, 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove baker from oven to cooling rack. Cool rolls in baker 15 minutes.
For frosting, whisk cream cheese in small bowl until smooth. Whisk in milk and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread frosting evenly over warm rolls. Serve warm.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 300, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 460 mg, Carbohydrate 53 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g
* Not available in Canada
1 pkg (16oz/453 g) hot roll mix (including yeast packet) can be used instead of Pizza Crust Mix.
For a flavor twist, add the zest of one orange into the frosting.