Chipotle Chicken Nacho Dip
- 1 lb (450 g) chicken tenders
- 2 1/2 tbsp (37 mL) Chipotle Rub, divided
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese (see Cook’s Tips)
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 oz (250 g) Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend (2 cups/500 mL grated), divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 container (8 oz/250 g) reduced-fat sour cream
- Tortilla chips or assorted fresh-cut vegetables
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). On Large Bar Pan, evenly arrange chicken tenders. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the rub. Bake 13-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Using Utility Knife, cut green onions into pieces. Process onions and cilantro in Manual Food Processor until finely chopped. Add half to batter bowl. Set aside remaining green onions and cilantro for topping.
Using Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater, grate cheese. Add 1 cup (250 mL) to batter bowl. Set aside remaining cheese.
Cut off top of bell pepper; remove seeds. Using Simple Slicer on #2 setting, slice bell pepper; stack rings and coarsely chop. Add bell pepper and sour cream to batter bowl; mix well.
Top chicken with cream cheese mixture, mixing and spreading evenly. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese; return to oven 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove pan from oven. Top with remaining green onions and cilantro. Serve warm with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
- 32 servings of about 2 tbsp/30 mL
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (about 2 tbsp/30 mL dip): Calories 80, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 135 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 6 g
It’s so easy to cut the chicken with the Pizza Cutter right in the Large Bar Pan. You’ll save time and there’s less cleanup! (See Step 6)