Quick Stovetop Granola
This granola comes together in under 30 minutes, without heating up your oven. Store in your Leakproof Glass Container to retain freshness!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) old fashioned oats (do not use quick or instant)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) honey, agave nectar or maple pancake syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dried cherries
Add honey, brown sugar and cinnamon to Skillet; cook and stir 1 minute or until bubbling and thickened.
Return oat mixture to Skillet; cook 1 minute or until coated. Turn off heat.
Stir in cherries; transfer mixture to sheet pan; let cool 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Store granola in a large resealable plastic bag or a Leakproof Glass Container.
- 14 servings of 1/4 cup/50 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 100, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 5 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g
Serve as a breakfast cereal, snack or use it to top yogurt or fresh fruit. Or, try a “smoothie breakfast bowl,” a fruit-packed smoothie topped with granola!