Greek Zucchini Fritters
We’re big fans of these tasty, vegetarian fritters. Feta and onion are a winning combo that pairs beautifully with a fresh, bright yogurt sauce.
- Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup (125 mL) low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped dill
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed, grated zucchini (about 1 large zucchini)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- Oil for brushing
For the yogurt sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
Set the Deluxe Electric Grill & Griddle to 'CUSTOM' for 8 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
For the fritters, combine all the ingredients, except the oil.
When preheated, brush the plates with the oil. Spoon ¼ cup (60 mL) of batter onto griddle; repeat with remaining batter to make 8 fritters; flatten each slightly with the back of a spoon.
Cook until deep golden brown, 3–4 minutes per side. Serve with the sauce.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (2 fritters and 2 tbsp/30 mL sauce): Calories 180, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Sodium 370 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 4 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 12 g
For even more flavor, you can make the yogurt sauce in advance. This gives the dill more time to bloom, deepening the flavor.