Asian Crunch Salad
Spiralized carrots and cucumbers replace the noodles in this light and refreshing layered salad.
- Lightened-up Asian Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) red pepper flakes
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 large bulk carrot, peeled, top removed
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) freshly packed cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry roasted peanuts
Prepare vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in the Measure Mix & Pour®.
Spiralize cucumber using the fettucini blade on the Veggie Spiralizer. Occasionally snip noodles with the Professional Shears. Blot cucumber noodles with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
Place 1 cup (250 mL) of the noodles in the bottom of the Make & Take Mason Jar; reserve extra for another use.
Spiralize the carrot using the same blade; set aside.
Place bell pepper piece, skin-side down, on the base of the Quick Slice; slice. Layer slices on top of the cucumber noodles. Repeat with other bell pepper pieces. When layering, occasionally tap jar to settle layers and allow for more room for filling.
Place 1 cup (250 mL) of the carrot noodles on top of the bell pepper; reserve extra noodles for another use.
Layer with cabbage, chopped cilantro, and chicken, tapping down as needed. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) vinaigrette to the container lid. Reserve remaining dressing for another use.
When ready to eat, top with peanuts. Add dressing, shake and enjoy!
- 1 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 310, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 400 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 30 g
Cooked chicken should be eaten within 3-4 days. If storing salad in the jar for a couple days, add chicken the day of eating for best results.