Sweet & Smoky Turkey Burgers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) apple jelly
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) barbecue sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Tabasco® chipotle pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 pkg (1 1/4 lbs/625 g) 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns or onion rolls, split
For sauce, combine jelly, barbecue sauce, pepper sauce and vinegar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 5-7 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Reserve 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the sauce for burgers. Pour remaining sauce into (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl and cool 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, for burgers, combine turkey, reserved sauce, green onions, garlic, salt and black pepper; mix gently but thoroughly. Form into four round patties, about 1/2 in. (1 cm) thick. Pour remaining sauce into BBQ Basting Bottle.
Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Place patties on grid of grill. Grill, covered, 5-6 minutes. Turn burgers and baste with half of the sauce. Grill 2-3 minutes; turn and baste with remaining sauce. Grill an additional 2-3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center. Serve burgers on buns.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Carbohydrate 64 g, Protein 29 g, Sodium 800 mg, Fiber 1 g