Chicken Caesar Salad Skillet
- 1/4 of a 16 oz (450 g) loaf soft Italian bread
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub, divided
- 1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) water
- 8 oz (250 g) uncooked rotini pasta (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 2 oz (60 g) fresh Parmesan cheese (1/2 cup/125 mL grated), divided
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) traditional Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts
Using Color Coated Bread Knife, cut bread into 1-in. (2.5-cm) cubes and place in Large Micro-Cooker®. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil and ½ tbsp (7 mL) of the rub and toss to coat bread cubes. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until crisp. Set aside croutons for topping.
Using Chef’s Knife, dice chicken into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces. In Small Batter Bowl, mix chicken and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of rub until coated. Heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in 11- or 12-in. (28- or 30-cm) Skillet over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering.
Add chicken to Skillet and cook, 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Remove chicken from Skillet to Classic Batter Bowl.
Add water and pasta to Skillet and cook, covered with Large Boil Over No More, over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender. (There will be a small amount of water left in the Skillet.)
Meanwhile, grate Parmesan with Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater and set aside ¼ cup (50 mL) in (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl. For sauce, place remaining Parmesan, yogurt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and remaining ½ tbsp (7 mL) rub in Manual Food Processor. Process until smooth.
Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces to measure 4 cups (1 L).
Remove Skillet from heat. Add sauce and chicken to Skillet and mix well using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Top pasta with lettuce, croutons and reserved ¼ cup (50 mL) Parmesan cheese.
- 6 servings of about 1½ cups/375 mL
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 1000 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 30 g