Creamy One-Pot Pasta
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 jar (7 oz or 210 mL) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, undrained
- 3 cans (14.5 oz each) chicken broth (about 5 1/4 cups/1.25 L)
- 1 lb (450 g) uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 4 oz (125 mL) 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), cut into cubes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- Grated fresh Parmesan cheese and snipped fresh basil (optional)
Place garlic and 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil from sun-dried tomatoes into All-Purpose Pot. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until garlic is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Remove pot from heat; add broth. Return to heat; increase heat to high. Cover and bring to a boil. Stir in pasta; cover and simmer vigorously 8-10 minutes or until pasta is almost cooked but still firm, stirring occasionally.
Place broccoli in a large bowl. Drain sun-dried tomatoes; pat dry with a paper towel. Slice tomatoes into thin strips. Add carrots and tomatoes to bowl.
Add vegetables, cream cheese, salt and pepper to pot. Stir until cream cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Top with Parmesan cheese and basil, if desired.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 410, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 65 g, Protein 15 g, Sodium 1000 mg, Fiber 5 g
You may substitute 2 cups (500 mL) halved cherry tomatoes for the sun-dried tomatoes.