Creamy One-Pot Pasta
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 jar (7 oz/210 mL) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, undrained
- 3 cans (14.5 oz/284 mL each) chicken broth (about 5 ¼ cups/1.25 L)
- 1 lb (450 g) uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 4 oz (125 mL) ⅓ less fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), cut into cubes
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- Grated fresh Parmesan cheese and snipped fresh basil (optional)
Place the garlic and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes into an Executive Nonstick All-Purpose Pot. Cook over medium heat for 2–3 minutes or until the garlic is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Remove the pot from the heat; add the broth. Return to the heat; increasing the heat to high. Cover and bring to a boil. Stir in the pasta; cover and simmer vigorously 8–10 minutes or until the pasta is almost cooked but still firm, stirring occasionally.
Place the broccoli in a large bowl. Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and pat them dry with a paper towel. Slice the tomatoes into thin strips. Add the carrots and tomatoes to the bowl.
Add the vegetables, cream cheese, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir until the cream cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Reduce the heat to medium; cover and cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Top with Parmesan cheese and basil, if desired.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 410, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 65 g, Protein 15 g, Sodium 1000 mg, Fiber 5 g
You may substitute 2 cups (500 mL) halved cherry tomatoes for the sun-dried tomatoes.