- 8 oz (250 g) fully cooked smoked turkey sausage
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 3 cans (14.5 oz/398 mL each) reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 6 cups/1.5 L)
- 2 cans (15 oz/398 mL each) Great Northern or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups (1 L) loosely packed fresh baby spinach leaves
Slice sausage in half lengthwise and then crosswise into 1/4-inch (6-mm) slices. Slice carrots crosswise into 1/4-inch (6-mm) rounds.
In (4-qt./3.8-L) Casserole, cook sausage, carrots, onion, garlic and black pepper over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Add chicken broth; cover and bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in beans and spinach. Cover soup and let stand 3 minutes before serving.
- 6 servings of about 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Protein 17 g, Sodium 460 mg, Fiber 6 g