Grilled Tilapia with Tomato Relish
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped shallot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) capers, drained
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 oz/125 g each)
- Nonstick cooking spray for grilling
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes
In a small mixing bowl, combine juice, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil, basil, shallot, capers, 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the coarsely ground black pepper. Brush fillets with remaining oil and season with remaining salt and black pepper.
Prepare grill for direct cooking over high heat. Spray BBQ Grill Tray with nonstick cooking spray for grilling. Preheat tray on grill grid 3 minutes. Place tilapia and tomatoes on separate sides of tray. Cover and grill 5-7 minutes or until tomatoes are charred and tilapia is cooked through, turning tilapia once (do not turn tomatoes). Add tomatoes to caper mixture; mix well. Serve tilapia with tomato relish.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 170, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 22 g, Sodium 520 mg, Fiber 1 g