Chili for a Crowd
This chili is the perfect way to feed a crowd. Or, make it once and freeze the leftovers for quick, easy meals any time!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 lbs. (1.4 kg) 90% lean ground beef
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- ⅓ chili powder
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) cumin
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) salt
- 1 can (6 oz./170 g) tomato paste
- 3 cups (750 mL) low-sodium beef broth
- 3 cans (14.5 oz./411 g each) fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cans (16 oz./454 g each) chili beans in sauce, undrained
- Optional Toppings: Sliced green onion, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, jalapeño slices
Heat the oil in the 8-qt. (7.6-L) Brilliance Nonstick Stock Pot over medium heat for 3–5 minutes.
Add the onions to the pot. Cook and stir, uncovered, for 2–3 minutes, or until the onions are slightly softened.
Add the ground beef and garlic. Cook over high heat for 8–10 minutes, breaking the beef into crumbles. When the beef is no longer pink, drain (if needed).
Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To serve, top with green onion, sour cream, cheddar cheese, or jalapeño slices, if you’d like.
- 14 servings of (1½ cups/375 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 310, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 1,030 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Fiber 9 g, Sugars 0 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 27 g