Pressure Cooker Salsa Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This dish is perfect for busy weeknights, plus you can choose your favorite toppings!
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Southwestern Seasoning Mix
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup (250 mL) chunky salsa
- 2 heads butter lettuce or 16 tortilla shells
- Optional: Cheddar cheese, radishes, Greek yogurt or sour cream, cilantro, avocado
- Season the chicken breasts with the Southwestern Seasoning Mix and place them in the Deluxe Multi Cooker.
- Cut the onion into chunks. Cut the top off a jalapeño (if using) and remove the seeds by scraping them out with the Coated Utility Knife. Place the onion and jalapeño into the Manual Food Processor and process until coarsely chopped.
- Place the onion, jalapeño, garlic pressed with the Garlic Press, and salsa into the pressure cooker. Lock the lid and select the CHICKEN/POULTRY setting. Press START.
- Meanwhile, separate the leaves of the butter lettuce for wraps. Prep optional toppings like cheese, radishes, or cilantro.
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Press the steam-release button to manually release the pressure. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a bowl.* Chop the chicken with the Salad Chopper. Serve the chicken with the lettuce wraps and optional toppings.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 680 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 4 g, Protein 30 g
For a simpler version, you can omit the onion, jalapeño, and garlic.
Here's a video that shows how simple this recipe is to make!
Safety Tips: *The stainless steel inner pot will be hot during and after cooking. Use a long-handled utensil when stirring and removing food. **Use oven mitts or tongs to lower the wire rack into the inner pot. †Use oven mitts or grips to remove the ceramic pot from the inner pot.